Monday, October 25, 2010

Drama, drama, drama

I have decided to take a mental heath day from the day job which is sorely needed.  I hate drama.  My family calls my husband "the Drama Queen".  It is almost like it looks and finds him.  I am going through somethings right now that studies show that stress could have a negative impact on the outcome.  So, I really didn't need what happened last night to have happened.

It all started innocently enough.  I had just gotten into the bath which I do nightly as a relaxation ritual, when the doorbell rang.  No one comes to my house without calling first.  I don't like it.  I like to be prepared before I let anyone in.  I am the type of person to let dishes sit in the sink if I am involved in my writing or some other type of project.  (I vow that some day, I will get a dishwasher!)

It was one of my husband's cousin, the crazy one.  Once I realized that she was going to stay a while, I got dressed again and went to be sociable.  It was the weirdest frigging conversation.  We haven't seen her since my MIL's passing and even then I can't remember if we talked.  She talked about how she bought a house in Illinois and is leaving her husband of 28 years.  She also talked about her children, grandchildren, and the son in jail.  If that wasn't bad enough, then things got really weird.  She started talking about the deaths of both of my husbands parents.  Then she dropped the bomb.

"Do yo know that your father was married before your mother?  He brought home a bride from Germany after WWII but the family didn't approve."

To say that my husband looked like he had been run over by a truck would have been an understatement.  Do you mean to tell me that in 40 years, the subject never came up anywhere in the family?  REALLY???

The ironic thing is that she didn't realize how upset he really was.  A good clue was the soup can he was holding was slowly being crushed in his hand, STUPID!  I honestly couldn't get her out of the house fast enough.  It took until midnight for my husband to stop pacing around the house.  I know the minute he gets up he will be on the phone to relatives.

I swear, I want to put my house in a bubble, right after I disconnect the doorbell.

Drama, drama, drama

1 comment: