Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Possible cure for my writing block

I have been thinking about one of the reasons why I haven't even been thinking about writing and I think that I have identified it.  One of my places to think about possible stories and current ones is in the bathtub.  I know it sounds weird but it's true.  Ever since childhood, I have taken a bath every night.  It helps me relax and is a place where I am my most creative.  It just seems like as I am soaking in the steaming water that the ideas just come to me. I haven't been able to take a bath in almost 2 weeks.  So I am missing part of my important writing ritual.  Never mind the ease of shaving my legs every day, I just can't get it right in the shower.

Well, I say no longer.  I am done with the tub "fast"! Tonight, hell, maybe even this afternoon, I am going to soak in a nice long bath.  Screw the cats clawing on the door to get to me and the litter box, the husband who wants to talk to me, the stress of the day, I am going to do it.  Let the ideas flow!

Peace out,
MRD

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing more relaxing then a nice hot bath. Enjoy and Good luck getting the ideas flowing again.

    ReplyDelete