Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thank you, you strong women

I would like to give thanks to all of the strong woman in my life that inspire me, counsel me, and uplift me.

My mother is the strongest woman that I will ever know in my lifetime.  She married "late" in life and starting having us at what is considered an "advanced maternal age".  She had 4 children in 5 years.  My brother Carl and I are exactly one year apart.  So they were busy.  Unfortunately, she had to raise us alone.  Due to cancer, she was left with 4 small children ages 9-4.  She never complained.  We lived on Social Security but we never wanted for anything. She was able to put all four of us through college which is quite the accomplishment. My stubbornness comes from her.

I am thankful for the women who battle to have a baby every day.  Their strength is unparalleled.  Daily needles in the stomach and in the ass.  Getting headaches, nausea, bloat from all of the hormones when in actuality they only have a 20% of it working.  These women know their bodies possibly better than their doctors.  A holiday should be devoted to these women that struggle with this!  These women are my inspiration.

Lastly, women who stick up for themselves whether it be to a boyfriend, husband, boss, and/or doctor should be commended.  Don't let anyone keep you down.

This, Thanksgiving, I am giving thanks for all of the strong women in my life.  When I raise a glass of wine tomorrow (one of many), one of them will be a toast to you.

Peace out,
MRD

No comments:

Post a Comment