Monday, December 6, 2010

Need a weekend to get over my weekend

Boy did I have an interesting weekend.  It was filled with highs and lows. I have to say that going to the local chapter of Romance Writers totally invigorated me.  It was wonderful to meet such a wonderful and supportive group of people.  I had to say people because there was one man in attendance.  Let's hear it for the men in the house who love romance!!!  They treated me like I was one of their own.  Normally, when you go to meetings filled with strangers, there is a warming up period but that was not the case.  Everyone was so friendly and supportive, wanting to know about my own "writing" and my real life job.  It was so wonderful.  I was  a little star struck. I finally met Amber Skyze whose writing is amazing. What I couldn't believe was that Hannah Howell was part of the group and was as normal as normal can be (Of course what is really normal?).  I can't tell you how many of her books are on my shelves in my office.  I would embarrass myself.  I just couldn't believe it.  I met so many wonderful authors.  I spent some of Saturday night when I couldn't sleep (will explain) researching their books.  I came home and started writing ideas down.  Wonderful.

Couldn't sleep Saturday night.  Husband was going through a bout of his insomnia.  So I basically got about 2 hours of sleep.  When he is miserable, everyone is miserable.  Not the best trait but I have accepted that.  As he stays up longer and longer, the more he rants about everything that he feels "sucks" about his life.  Finally, he passed out around 7 in the morning.  I unfortunately was so tired that I never made it to my sister's house for breakfast and it was my week to pick up the Dunkin' Donuts.  No one was happy about that.

After not having any sleep, I now had to attend a "thing" as my aunt called it at her house with my mother.  The "thing" was meeting a cousin that I had never met before.  My mother's family is very fragmented for reasons that I will not go into, so this cousin wanted to meet all of my family.  My mother conned me into driving with her because she wasn't feeling well.  She also promised that we would be home at a decent hour.  I agreed but wasn't very happy.  The lack of sleep was starting to get to me.  So long story short, the decent hour to get home came and went and I didn't get home until 8.  The husband was ticked and all of the work that I planned on doing went undone.  To say that I have dishes piled up to the ceiling would be just about accurate (I am starting a dishwasher fund, if anyone is interested in donating!).  I am unplanned for my class tomorrow night, even though it is the last one.  And I am so unprepared for work today!  But I had to do some writing.

Peace out,
MRD

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful meeting you and hope we see you at future meetings. The group is totally warm and welcoming. We'd love for you to join. :)

    ReplyDelete