Saturday, April 2, 2011

Busy busy day

Today is going to be a busy day. People who work a "real job" and write understand what this means. For me it means that not only do I have to cram in a lot of housework that has accumulated over the week but I do the majority of my writing on the weekend. So it means getting up just as early as during the week (I lied. I got up at 6 today which is two hours later than my usually 4.) and start housework immediately. You would think that just with a husband and two cats there wouldn't be a lot to do but there is, I have to admit that I am not the best at keeping up with cleaning. Not to make excuses but I am really busy all the time, so when I have down time, I really don't want to do dishes or wash floors. It is one of my many flaws but since I live with the human representation of "Pigpen", no one here really minds.

I am really excited today. I am officially going to join my chapter of Romance Writers! Even though the meetings are on the other side of the state and I feel like I like I'm driving forever when I go, I am looking forward to it. I get to catch up face to face with Amber Skyze, be honored to be in the presence of Hannah Howell, and interact with some really great people who I hope to get to know better. So, there will probably not be a lot of writing today but you never know, being next to such greatness might inspire me.

Got to go and change the laundry now and then off the Dunkin' to get some much needed coffee. Hopefully I will remember to buy some at the market tomorrow when I do some much need grocery shopping but I don't have a good track record with that!

Peace Out,
MRD

No comments:

Post a Comment