Friday, April 1, 2011

Really annoying

Do you know what really annoys me? I find really annoying when someone says that they are going to do something and then it is not done. Normally, if I say that I am going to do something, it gets done. Just recently I have had two things promised to me but not done. The first is with this publisher that I keep on going back and forth with in e-mails. I was told to make revisions and resubmit. Well, I did. She told me that she would be in touch but wasn't. I sent a kindly reminder. I was told by another editor that they would look at it and get back to me by the weekend. She didn't and that was two weeks ago. Maybe I was wrong to assume that she meant that weekend. The problem is that I feel if I send another e-mail, it will tick them off and I will be automatically rejected. So I sit and have become very angry at the process.

The second thing was two weeks ago when I tried to renew my husband's truck registration on-line, the system told me that I had an income tax block and could not register. I have been back and forth with the Department of Taxation and finally got someone on the phone. I am being blocked for a mere 13.09! So I promised to send it in the mail and the woman told me that she would remove the block and I could register it in the morning. Guess what? Couldn't do it this morning, I still have the block.

Why don't people just do what they say they are going to to? Otherwise, just don't say that you will do it!

Peace Out,
MRD

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're having such a hard time lately. Hang in there. It will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I hate calling people and trying to get things resolved. I'm like the least confrontational person on earth, so I'm always like, "um, I'm sorry for bothering you, but..." instead of the "listen here, lady," way I want to be.

    And don't get me started on publishers. The more you work with them, the more and more you find yourself waiting. I know exactly what you mean with the status questions too. I'll email once to make sure they received what I sent, and after that I'm too chicken to email again. I figure if they give me a specific date when they'll get back to me, I multiply that by three and if they respond within that time frame, I consider myself lucky.

    I don't think I could take the pressure of being an editor. I'd always want to reply to eveyone immediately and probably drive myself insane!

    ReplyDelete