Friday, April 15, 2011

What if you...

What if, at a crucial point of your life, you were supposed to turn right but you actually turned left? How would your life have been altered. Scientists claim that there are infinite parallel universes out there comprised of all of these "possibilities". So do you believe in this theory. I do to an extent. I think that sometimes in my writing, I explore these possibilities, or the "what if this actually happened."

The other day, Linda Kage wrote about someone asking about where writers get their ideas. It really got me thinking of what influences me to write what I write about and the list is endless. Two nights ago, I was in my kitchen and looked out the window and there was a little cat sitting on the hood of my car in the rain. She startled me because she was an almost exact Doppelganger for my black and white cat Sasha. So of course, I immediately went running around the house looking for the pampered pet. I found her sleeping on my pillow like the queen that she thinks she is. LOL! So this incident got my writing juices flowing about what ifs. I came up with so many ideas for future stories, I don't know if I will be able to write all of them but I will certainly try.

At 2:15 today, I will be on vacation and it won't be a moment too soon.  I am going to work today exhausted. Let's just say a certain husband fell asleep while drinking from the milk container in bed. Do you see where this is going? 2:00 am everything covered in milk! Including me. Hubby is sleeping on the couch right now. He is going to have to do a lot of cleaning today while I'm at work or he will be sleeping there again tonight.

Peace Out,
MRD

4 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo for vacation! I'm on vacation from getting a child up for school for the next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a way to start a milky vacation! How funny. Okay, it's only funny becaus it didn't happen to me. Hope you have fun on that vacation though.

    But seriously, I'm curious about Sasha's doppleganger from the alternate universe who came back home to see how her other version was getting along.

    Oh, and thank you for the name drop. Blushing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek on the milk accident!

    I've thought about the parallel universe theory a lot. While I don't believe in it, sometimes it's cool to think about what would have happened if such and such didn't happen.

    Of course I only think about this when something not so great happens. Never when it's something great. :D

    ReplyDelete