Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I hate when things are beyond me

I hate when I can't do something. There's a saying in my family, "Tell "Marie" she can't do something and see how quickly it gets done." My husband says it's like waving a red flag in front of a bull. Immediately, I will charge right into it. Much to my dismay, he's used this to his advantage from time to time. "Oh, you'll never find..." Watch me! Unfortunately, I've come across something that I really can't do.

Creating my own website is too much for me, not only do I not have the technical capability, I don't have the time either. So it has sat for almost a year without anything being done to it. It's actually so pathetic, I don't even like to announce to my "2 fans" that I actually have a website. I usually guide people towards my blog. It's only have way decent because the lovely Linda Kage made my banner, which I still love so much. So what's a girl to do? Like any good "brainiac", I've been asking friends who's done their sites and contacting the artists. This costs money, and sometimes a lot of money!! My publisher recommended a woman who they said had reasonable rates and she quoted me between $400-500. Ouch, in the empty pocket book, do they not know I have a spectacular-spectacular coming up in less than three weeks, which I still have no dress for!!! My mother hasn't been on my back about it but I KNOW the time is coming. I did find the perfect dress in a consignment shop but it doesn't zip. The saleswoman, told me to buy a good pair of Spanx and come back, and it will zip. I'm leery about them but that's a blog for another day!

Back to the website dilemma, what's a woman to do? It's come time to step things up a bit. I'm going to have some big news in the next few weeks, so the website needs to be revamped. I wonder if I can pay my hairdresser's son who is going to film school in the fall to create the site. I'm sure he must have some knowledge of these things. I'm just so cheap. I'm trying to find a way to save money and I don't think it's possible with this.

What are your thoughts?

MRD

1 comment:

  1. Look around for someone. I wish I could help you. I don't know anyone either. I need to update mine. I haven't touched it in like a year.
    Can't wait to hear your good news. :)

    ReplyDelete