Monday, July 30, 2012

Lofty goals

I had lofty goals for this summer. It was the first summer I didn't have to work, at all. So I thought it was going to writing, writing, writing all the time. What I didn't take into consideration was the husband factor. My husband due to a back injury does not work. While, I'm working all day, he's at home alone with only the two cats for company. Why I didn't see this coming, I do not know.

Now that I'm home, he's got someone to talk to all the time and he wants to talk to me all the time. Writing has been at a minimum at best. I have to say it's probably the best writing I've done but my normal slow writing has turned into a super slow crawl. I have great anxiety about this because I have a deadline and most recently I have a cover. What I don't have is a finished book and don't know what to do about it.

I might have to go to the library for a few uninterrupted hours of writing all day. I've explained this to my husband and he's not happy with it. He promises me he'll leave me alone but it will never happen. During the course of writing this short blog, he's called me twice already to discuss something on tv or something cute that one of the cats is doing!

Peace out,
MRD

1 comment:

  1. Yes, run to the library!!! You need some writing time. I've considered doing the same thing. I don't know why husbands insist on talking to you when they KNOW you're doing something important. :)

    ReplyDelete