Thursday, July 5, 2012

What is it?

Today I'm meeting with the lovely Amber Skyze and Nina Pierce for a brainstorming session and some lunch. I have been looking forward to this for more days than I can count. I was even angry that the hubby's crazy aunt passed away because I thought it was going to change my plans but thankfully it didn't.

Writing is a solitary life. We compose alone, type alone, edit alone, and promo alone. So it is priceless when you can get together with some like minded people to talk about writing. In our RIRW group, there are very few erotic romance writers. So we mostly talk about mainstream topic, which is good because it only makes my writing better.

I learn a lot from these ladies. They are both a lot more successful than I am and have been in the business longer. I truly believed I would never be published without all the advice and help Amber gave me in the year leading up Fated Mates being published. She was the one who recommended Secret Cravings Publishing. So I will be forever grateful to her.

Can't wait. Only a few hours left until we meet!!!

MRD

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks. I might have recommended a publisher, but your writing is what made you published.
    Can't wait to see you and Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my closest writing friends live two-to-three hours away in KC. Since my kid was born, I've only seen them once. So I definitely understand how lonely the writing journey can get and how valuable lunches likes yours really are.

    Hope you had lots of fun and that your creative muse is now full and ready to write!!!

    ReplyDelete