Monday, August 6, 2012

Insecurities, thy name is Marie

Today I got up wicked early to set up all the promos for my guest blogging somewhere today. Ok, honestly Sasha (the demon morning cat) woke me up to turn on the faucet for her, despite the fact Mr. Marie actually being up. Regardless of why I got up, I got up. So I turned on the computer and went to the site and...someone else's blog was there. So out comes all of my insecurities of the possible reason why this happened.

Number one insecurity- My writing sucks
Maybe the reason why my blog isn't there is that my writing sucks. The person running the blog totally hated it and decided to swap out my blog with someone else's blog.

Number two insecurity- The blog wasn't good enough
Some could say this is the same thing as number one, maybe. In all honesty, I totally forgot about it and wrote something yesterday. Maybe it needed so many edits that the person said, "hells no!" This is a possibility. I'm a terrible editor. Even when I do edit, I miss so much. Reviewers have honestly said that my books need more editing. It's one of the reason why I'm moving so slow on my first Bound book. Now, I'm super sensitive to what I'm writing.

There could also be a million and one reasons why it didn't run today that have nothing to do with my insecurities. I won't know until I get an answer to my e-mail. Until then, I'm going to be a little crushed.

All I have to say is that I'm glad I got up and check and didn't do what I originally was going to do and set up things to be published on a timer.

So now I wait...

MRD

Ok, now I just received a confirmation of my blog post... very weird. Here's the link...check back in an hour.

http://secretcravingspublishing.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. No, no, you're not supposed to say, "What did I do wrong" when a guest post isn't up yet. You're suposed to blame them, and call them lazy, and slow, and forgetful, and all that! You are way too sweet, woman. Geesh! Must be why I like you so much.

    I'm off to check your guest post out!

    ReplyDelete